FanPost

Holy crap, it looks like I picked a bad time to be away from the Jays for a week and a half.

So I am just getting back to civilization after spending the last week chaperoning on a camping retreat. The Jays look to be in a better position than when I left.

Colby Rasmus is our center fielder and Brian Tallet is back in the fold. No more CoPa, Dotel, or Scrabble. And we flipped Edwin Jackson. We were busy at the deadline. I have to say, from what I've read about what we gave up and got in return, in general I'm very much in favor of the moves that were made.

Was there any attempt to get anything for JoJo rather than DFA him?

Has there been any news or updates on Lawrie?

I have really got to get back into Blue Jay mode. Our record tells me that we have been playing some pretty good ball. I like seeing we took 2 of 3 from the Rangers and tonight's game against the Rays. Seeing Jose hit number 32 was a good first game back after a week long sabbatical from the civilized world.

If I missed anything else important or noteworthy I'd appreciate you all letting me know and getting me back up to date with all things Jays.

Thanks, and GO JAYS GO!!!