FanPost

Annoying Things That Make Me Annoyed

Overall, this 2011 season has been pretty good. Rationally speaking, there isn't much to complain about. We got Colby Rasmus and Kelly Johnson in two fantastic trades by AA, we found out that last year wasn't a fluke for Jose Bautista, Ricky Romero has had a great year, and BRETT LAWRIE OMG.

But who ever said I was rational?

Our recent losing streak has made my irrational mind think about the not-so-great things that are going on right now, and I'm gonna tell you all about it.

Colby Rasmus is on the Disabled List

Maybe I just have a very short attention span, but I like new things. So when we get new things, I like to watch the new things. I do not like it when the new things get injured and miss a whole bunch of games. We will have to wait to see more sad highfives:

Colby_rasmus27_1313076cl-8_medium

via beta.images.theglobeandmail.com

No more fire burning in the outfield really just makes for boring baseball.

This leads to the next point:

Brian Tallet (and Dewayne Wise) are on this team

For this one to make sense, you need to understand just how much I hated Brian Tallet last year. When he came out to pitch at one of the games I attended last season, I made such a dramatic display of displeasure that the drunk people sitting around me actually gave ME funny looks.

I can't really explain my hatred for Brian Tallet. Other than the fact that he sucks (6.40 ERA last year) I think my dislike for him stemmed from the fact that he'd usually appear in games that we lost. Whether that's because of him or not I'm too lazy to research. Maybe another time.

So he sucked, we lost when he played, but most importantly, that disgusting facial hair. Oh my goodness, I almost didn't post a picture here because I didn't want to have to look at them.

134490_blue_jays_nationals_baseball_medium

via cdn3.sbnation.com

Anyway, I thought we'd finally seen the last of him. That's why it hurt so much to hear he was back on the team.

For Dewayne Wise, I just have one word: WHYSE?

Jose Bautista is not leading the league in home runs

He is now tied for the lead, and I do fully expect him to take over the lead before the season ends, but for now this one is just purely annoying. "Jose Bautista is leading the league in home runs" is supposed to be a fact of life. Curtis Granderson does not know what he's getting himself into by stealing Bautista's title of Home Run King. I'm excited for the Yankees series this weekend, I think we'll see big things out of J-Bau. If nothing else I hope he at least throws a couple of bats and helmets at Granderson.

5315216_bin_medium

via www.thestarphoenix.com

I also like how Luis Perez is being so chill throughout this whole fit. He was probably terrified, and I don't blame him. I wouldn't want a Joey Bats RAGE coming my way.

Be warned, Curtis Granderson. You're next.

Brandon Morrow is not dominating every hitter he faces

Brandon Morrow is my favourite pitcher by far. I have a thing for strikeouts. So, there's nothing that drives me more insane than seeing him NOT systematically destroy every line up he faces. You might be thinking, "You can't REALLY expect him to get a perfect game every time he takes the mound" and to you I say: "Oh yes I can, and I do." So I fully recognize that my annoyance with Brandon Morrow comes with my incredibly unrealistic expectations for him, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. It's hard watching him have a bad game because I KNOW he's capable of so much more. And I fully believe we will see it someday soon.

Brandon-morrow-story-ap_medium

via 2.bp.blogspot.com

It's coming. We just need to be patient.

Travis Snider is depressed

I will not break. I promise you that. I will miss you all and can't say how thankful I am for your support on this journey.

Travis sent that doozy of a tweet out a couple of days ago, sending me into full-fledged panic mode. I thought he was dying or something.

Travis Snider has had a tough year, to say the least. And having tendinitis end his not-very-good season has got to be frustrating. The more I think about his situation, the harder it is for me to blame him for being a bit down. It's not quite as easy to be positive about Snider's future as it is with some of the others on the team or in the system. He's still young and he's far from being a bust,  but it's hard for me to say with confidence that he will definitely be on this team for years to come. I hope he will, and I'm excited to see what he can do next year.

Meats_dont_clash_medium

via 4.bp.blogspot.com

We're all rooting for you, Travis.

Kyle Drabek is, well, I don't really know what's wrong with him

Kyle Drabek makes me sad. I don't want to write about him.