Blue Jays in the Arizona Fall League

Five Jay minor league players will be on the roster of the Phoenix Desert Dogs. The Jays are:

Evan Crawford: Pitched for New Hampshire this year in the pen. He has a 3.51 ERA in 43 games, 48.2 innings. 21 walks and 57 strikeouts.

Aaron Loup: Pitched in Dunedin. He had a 4.88 ERA in 45 games, 62.2 innings, 27 walks and 54 strikeouts.

Yan Gomes: Catcher, played mostly for New Hampshire. He hit .262/.330/.480 with 12 home runs in 72 games for the Fisher Cats.

Adeiny Hechavarria: Played SS for New Hampshire then moved up to Vegas earlier this month. Hit .236/.275/.347 in 111 games in NH and .377/.429/.519 in 18 games, so far, with Vegas.

Anthony Gose: Played CF for New Hampshire. Hitting .251/.346/.412 with 65 steals and 15 home runs in 131 games there.

I'm not sure how they pick which players they want to send to the Fall League, but I would imagine they wouldn't want to send any starting pitchers who have pitched a lot of innings already this season. Hechavarria and Gose are good choices, they each can use more playing time.

SB Nation Featured Video