From the Land of Pleasant Living: Jays at Baltimore, 8/31 Game Thread

Hi everyone, Hugo here!

It's been way too long.  This summer has been crazy and I haven't gotten to hang around the blog as much as I'd like.  But the Jays have been largely making it fun to watch, with some notable exceptions such as last night, of course.

The Jays' series continues today in Charm City with Henderson Alvarez pitching for the Jays.  Not so old friend Jo-Jo Reyes pitches for Baltimore.  Reyes has been quite poor for the Marylanders, with a 13/11 K/BB ratio over 21 2/3 innings over just four starts and a relief appearance.  He's been giving up lots of dingers, so watch for the long ball in cozy Camden Yards tonight.  Alvarez has done a far better job for the Jays, but the results aren't quite there yet.  Still, a 16/5 K/BB ratio over one's first four major league starts is a fairly encouraging start.

the Jays lineup:

Escobar, ss; Thames, lf; Bautista, rf; Lind, 1b; Encarnacion, dh; K. Johnson, 2b; Lawrie, 3b; Molina, c; McCoy, cf

Let's go Jays!  as for me, I have to get home from work.  See you at gametime!