FanPost

Potential FA Closers?

Looking at the upcoming FAs, Who would you prefer the jays target, if any? I included some names to consider here, feel free to add more. Note that all of them require Type A compensation, which really is just a 2nd rd pick if we also go for a star like fielder or pujols or cj wilson (according to estimates from mlbtraderumors)

Koji Uehara
-Dominant this year in AL East.. in set up role
-Injury prone
-not as good track record as others
-probably cheapest of the bunch

Jonathan Papelbon
-established closer in AL East, had one so so year and rest were great
-is a red sox/somewhat of an ass
-most expensive of the bunch
-youngest of the bunch (i think)
-familiarity with farrell?

Other FA options from the NL:
Ryan Madson - Phillies probably would want him back
Heath Bell - will require hefty compensation in form of a trade , reports said he will accept arbitration if san diego offers it
K-Rod - most ? mark of the bunch