FanPost

The lineup I think we should use

There has been a lot of talk about how Farrel has been making the lineup and I thought I would throw my two cents in.  I don't expect this lineup to be used, because of the stupid rookie veteran's thing, but this is the lineup I think would score us the most runs and there for the best one in my opinion.  I don't think batting in a certain spot can make a hitter preform better or worse, batting Hill 2nd or 9th, your going to get the same Arron Hill in my opinion, so it all comes down to having the players in an order where they can score more runs.

1.  Often Should be the third best hitter on the hitter on the team, or a hitter with the good OBP and speed (Escobar{R})

2.  Often Should be the best hitter on the team, the player with the highest OPS (Bautista{R})

3.  Often Should be the fifth best hitter on the team, the player who has some pop but not that much else (EE{R})

4.  Often Should be the second best hitter on the team, the player the second highest OBP (Rasmus{L})

5.  Often Should be the fourth best hitter on the team, can't live and die by the long ball (Lind{L})

6.  Often Should be the sixth best hitter on the team (Lawrie{R})

7.  Often Should be the seventh best hitter on the team (JPA{R})

8.  Often Should be the worst hitter on the team (Hill{R})

9.  Often Should be the second worst hitter on the team (Thames{L})

Lind and Lawrie can be switched if you want more of a right left right thing going on.  JPA and Snider switch when Snider gets back.  This line looks much more dangerous then the one we send out now and should score us more runs, without asking the players to step up their performance.