FanShot

The "Don't Boo VW" Campaign

By now, many of you have read my recent Fanpost arguing that Vernon Wells should receive hearty applause during his return to Toronto this weekend. So far, all comments have been supportive. However, I fear that there will still be an overwhelming anti-VW, pro-booing sentiment at this weekend's games which will reflect badly on Blue Jays fans. I think the responsible Jays fan community should do something about this. Per Bowling_Guy25's suggestion, I have started a Twitter campaign to get people to cheer, not boo, Wells during the upcoming weekend series. I am using the hashtag #dontbooVW. I am new to Twitter, so to make this a success, I need your help. Any BBBers who use Twitter and agree that VW deserves applause, send out thwips using the #dontbooVW tag over the next few days. If you feel it appropriate, you can link to my Fanpost above. If any of you are regulars on other Blue Jays fan sites, spread the word to them, too! Time is of the essence, so start now. If we can get this topic trending, maybe the boo birds will be drowned out by cheers over the weekend!