Edwin stays hot, but Jays fall to A's 4-1

Things that went well: We saw a few great plays today, Escobar made a great leaping catch, and Lind made some fantastic plays over at 1st. Always Lawrie made a beautiful play that almost makes me forgot about his debut errors. Also Edwin kept up his hot streak at the plate going 2-2 with 2BBs and a HR.

What went wrong: A lot of everything else

It wasn't that Cecil was bad, he only gave up 4 hits and 2 BBs through 7 innings. The problem of course being that 2 of those 4 hits were hit out of the park. He gave way to the bullpen for the 8th inning, Luis Perez came in and pitched 1.1 innings of no hit ball, he hit the last batter he faced with 2 outs left to get in the ninth. Farrell called for Camp to finish it off, unfortunately after a perfectly placed bunt he gave up a single up the middle to give the A's their 4th run.

Granted since our offense wasn't able to manage much tonight it wasn't like that extra run really meant anything at that point. Harden kept the Jays grounded all night limiting them to just 2BBs and scattering 5Hits through 5, he was able to get out of any trouble via the strikeout, as he had 8 on the night. Escobar had 2 hits and Rasmus and Thames each had one a piece and that was about it (aside from the aforementioned Edwin Encarnacion).

Jays of the Day: Edwin (.242)

Suckage: Lind, Lawrie, Arencibia, Hill, Bautista

Another 7 start tomorrow night with Henderson Alvarez making his MLB debut. Look forward to it.