FanShot

Jays' future suddenly now

2

I just love articles like this. "As a nine-year-old [Lawrie] travelled to Toronto as part of Team British Columbia for something called the Hit, Run and Throw competition. While some of his buddies were playing in the dirt at SkyDome, he was collecting some of it. He looked under the seats, found a small empty Glosette’s Raisin box and filled it full of stadium dirt. The plan, as a nine-year-old, was to put the dirt back when he returned as a big league player. Lawrie showed up Tuesday night to play. The dirt remains in the raisin box in his parents’ home, a box now representing less dream than reality." That's so cute. I wish he would have actually had the box with him tonight - it would have been quite the sight to see him sprinkling it around third base when he took the field.