FanPost

Poll: Where does Moneyball fall on the nerd continuum?

You may have noticed that the banner ads atop some of the SBNation blogs, including Bluebird Banter, are carrying an advertisement for the upcoming Moneyball film. I am seriously considering attending the opening night of this film, and I imagine many baseball/SABR fans are doing the same.

Lining up for a film opening, sometimes for several hours or even days, is seen as the height of nerd-dom. Traditionally, this behaviour has been most prominent among fans of sci-fi/fantasy franchises like Star Wars, Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings.

However, might it not be even nerdier to get overly excited about the opening of a film that does not conform to this archetype? At least if you line up for the new LOTR film, there is a sizeable group of like-minded fans who are doing the same thing as you. With Moneyball, you may leave yourself as the sole object of ridicule.

I have been trying to figure out what the nerdiest film is to line up for, but I couldn't come up with an answer myself. So I have decided to polll my fellow BBBers.