Ricky Romero Named Jay Player of the Month for August

The Toronto members of the BBWAA have named Ricky Romero the Honda Player of the Month beating out Brett Lawrie for the honor.

Romero was 5-0 with a 2.05 ERA on the month. Batters hit .160 against him in his 6 starts.

I might have given it to Bret Lawrie for his .326/.381/.674 line, 5 doubles, 4 triples, 6 homers and 18 RBI. A pretty tough choice between the two but I'd lean to Brett (but I'm not a Baseball Writer of America, being Canadian and all), but they both had great months.

Congratulations Ricky.