Lansing Loses Game 2 of Midwest League Finals

It is a travel day for the New Hampshire's series (tied at a game each) but Lansing played game 2 of their 5 game Midwest League finals, losing to the Quad City River Bandits 5-3. Lansing is down 2-0 in the series.

  • Justin Nicolino started, going 4.0, 6 hits, 2 earned, 0 BB, 0 k.
  • Tyler Ybarra: 1.2, 4 hits, 3 runs, 1 earned, 1 walk, 3 k. Loss. It was his own error that cost him.
  • Brandon Berl, Dayton Marze and Danny Barnes pitched the last 3.1 scoreless innings.
  • Michael Crouse: 2 for 4, run.
  • Marcus Knecht: 3 for 4, double, triple, run and an outfield assist.
  • Carlos Perez: 1 for 4, RBI.
  • K.C. Hobson: 1 for 4, HR, run, RBI.

Saturday they play game 3. Marcus Walden (6-6, 3.23) starts for the Lugnuts. Trevor Rosenthal (7-7, 4.11) goes for Quad City.