New Hampshire Fisher Cats Win Eastern League Championship

The New Hampshire Fisher Cats won game 4 of the Eastern League Championship 4-3, winning the best of 5 series 3-1.

The game was tied at 3 going into the 9th. Anthony Gose had a 1 out single and scored on Moises Sierra's single plus error on Richmond RFer Fancisco Peguero.

Deck McGuire started and pitched 3 innings allowing 4 hits and 2 runs, 1 BB with 3 strikeouts. Rey Gonzalez went 2.1, 3 hits, 1 earned. Wes Ethridge, Evan Crawford, Clint Everts (win) and Bobby Korecky (save) also pitched.

Gose was 1 for 4 with a walk, 2 k and an error in the field. Kevin Howard had a 2 run homer. Jon Diaz was 2 for 4, with an RBI and 2 stolen bases. Callix Crabbe was 1 for 5, with a steal. Travis d'Arnaud 1 for 5 with a double.

Congratulations Fisher Cats. A great season. It makes the future look bright for our Blue Jays.

@FisherCats tells us that Kevin Howard was named series MVP.

Update:

Lansing lost game three of their series with the Quad Cities River Bandits, 6-3, so the Bandits win the series 3 games to none. Marcus Walden started and took the loss, 4.0, 7 hits, 0 BB, 3 earned, 4 k. The Lugnuts had 8 hits. Carlos Perez and Oliver Dominguez had 2 hits each.