FanPost

Gordan Beckham?

From what I've heard on twitter, Wilner is on the record as saying that AA likes both Brandon Phillips and Gordan Beckham. I was checking both of them out, and Gordan Beckham seems like the perfect AA poster boy for 2B.

He's 25, former first round pick, who had an excellent rookie season (see: potential), and who has regressed hard in the past year or so.

In addition, if you check out one of todays fangraphs articles on Matt Wieters, at the bottom there is a chart regarding "Elite college hitters, taken very early in the draft, with limited minor league AB", which presents a very favorable view of these players.

After even a very little amount of research, I'm already sold on both Beckham, and the fact that I think AA will pull the trigger and get him here in the off-season.

What do you guys think?