Who's Up, Who's Down on the Jays Over the Last Two Weeks: August 19 to September 1

Not the best couple of weeks for our guys, we went 5-8 over the last 13 games. They are 3-1 over the last 4 so I'm hoping we are pulling out of it.

Arrow_down_3

Ricky Romero

He's only had 2 starts the past 2 weeks and they haven't been that good. Ricky pitched 6 innings in both games, allowed 3 runs both times. But then he was 1-0 and the team won both games. Opponents hit .298/.411/.574 against him.

Arrow_up_3

Henderson Alvarez Two losses and a win, in his 3 starts. The win was great, 8 innings, 3 hits no walks.One of the losses was great too, 6 innings just 1 earned. The other he gave up 3 home runs, leading to 4 runs. On the whole, batters hit .192/.234/.329 off him. Pretty good for a guy has only had a handful of games above A-ball.

Arrow_down_3

Brett Cecil

3 games, the team lost all 3, he was 0-2. The good part is that he has gone at least 6 innings in each start. 5.12 ERA in the 3 games. Not awful but not good.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Luis Perez

2 of his 3 starts were very good, the last one, not so much. In the first 2 he pitched 11 innings and only allowed 6 hits, with 4 walks and 8 strikeouts. The other? 5 innings 6 hits, 5 earned, 3 walks, 2 home runs. 3.94 ERA in the 3 starts. On the whole he's been better than we could have hoped.

Arrow_down_3

Brandon Morrow

2 starts, both were bad. 10 innings total, 17 hits, 11 earned, 4 walks, 10 k. Not good coming off an up arrow last time.

Arrow_down_3

Shawn Camp

He's had a rough couple of weeks. 5 games, 5 innings, 3 earned, 9 hits, 2 walks, 0 strikeouts.

 Arrow_around_3_medium

Joel Carreno

4 games, pitched 7.1 innings. Batters have hit .276/.344/.448 against him, but just a 1.23 ERA. Has to be a little luck in there.

Arrow_down_3

Jesse Litsch

Got into 6 games and allowed runs in 3 of them. 6.2 innings, 6 earned, 6 hits, 4 walks and 5 strikeouts. .250/.345/.500 line off him. They are using him a lot, maybe a lighter load would help.

Arrow_up_3

Casey Janssen

5 games, he didn't allow a run. He faced 25 batters, allowed 3 singles and 3 walks.

Arrow_up_3

Jon Rauch

He's back and looked good in the game he was in, maybe we work Jesse and Casey a little less.

   Arrow_down_3

Brian Tallet

Come and gone. You likely remember.

    Arrow_up_3

Frank Francisco

In 4 games, 4 innings he has faced 14 batters and allowed 1 single and 1 walk. He hasn't give up a run since July 20th.

Arrow_down_3

Wil Ledezma He's gone. He was in 3 games, gave up a .467/.550/.800 line. That will get you a DFA

Batters:

Arrow_up_3

J.P. Arencibia

The bat's come back. .344/.375/.656 with 8 RBI.

Arrow_down_3

Adam Lind

He's been just terrible at the plate. 167/.200/.261. It has been a while since he's been good.

Arrow_up_3

Kelly Johnson

.Funny what a trade can do for a player, he was hitting .209 with the Diamondbacks, with the Jays he is hitting .367/.472/.733. I'm really enjoying watching him play.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Yunel Escobar

After a slump, he is hitting again: ..308/.309/..403 over the last two weeks, .429/.433/.500 in the last week.

Arrow_down_3

Edwin Encarnacion

The hot streak ended .208/.250/.434. Hoping that he gets it back in a hurry.

Arrow_down_3

Dewayne Wise

I really can't believe he's back. Hitting .100/.100/.100, which I can believe.

Arrow_down_3

Mike McCoy

Back and actually getting to play some. Not hitting much: .148/.343/.148, but then he is getting on base, 8 walks and 3 stolen bases.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Bautista

.268/.392/.659....you know it is sort of a slump. It sort feels like he is slumping but a .659 slugging isn't a slump for anyone.

Arrow_down_3

Mark Teahen

0 for 11.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Colby Rasmus

Get well quick.

Arrow_up_3

Brett Lawrie

Hit .306/.347/.714 with 4 home runs, 3 triples and 10 RBI. Also 3 steals. His defense has looked great too.

Arrow_down_3

Jose Molina

Played in 6 games. Hit .167/.211/.333, 1 homer and 1 caught stealing. He's been hitting so well all year, he's allowed a down couple of weeks.

Arrow_up_3

Eric Thames

.290/.316/.491. It wouldn't hurt if he would walk a bit more but he's been really good.