Some Go Like That: Jays Lose to Yankees.

He's out. Well, let's ask Derek to be sure. (Photo by Jeff Zelevansky/Getty Images)

Blue Jays 2 Yankees 3

One we should have had.

We had far more hard hit balls, but we found gloves. First inning alone Brett Gardner made two very nice catches. We hit several balls to the warning track but nothing out.

Brandon Morrow pitched well, about the only thing hit hard off him was the Gardner homer. He had a bit of trouble with the (what's the polite term) inconsistent strike zone. He pitched 6, gave up 4 hits, 3 walks, 8 strikeouts with 3 earned runs.

Carlos Villanueva relieved in the 7th, his first action since coming off the DL. He have up a 1 out walk, then got a double play ball that Kelly Johnson let pass under his glove. After a strikeout and an intentional walk, he went full count to Nick Swisher and but got the ground out to end the inning. Carlos got the first out in the 8th, then Joel Carreno got the last 2 outs.

Yankees pitcher Ivan Nova tread the good/lucky line. He gave up a number of hard hit flies but they found gloves. He had 8 fly outs and 4 ground outs. We only had 4 hits and Eric Thames' double was our only extra base hit.

No Jays of the Day today. Adam Lind (-.172 WPA), Edwin Encarnacion (-.145) and Yunel Escobar (-.115) get the suckage numbers.

How often do you see an umpire's call overturned? Jeter hits a ball to short, Yunel's throw pulled Lind off the base at first, Lind tried to tag, missed but the first base umpire emphatically called him out. But the Yankees complained and the plate umpire overturned the call. The other day, Joe West missed a similar call, but there was no question of it being overturned.

Tomorrow we have a 1:00 Eastern start. Ricky Romero (13-9, 2.84) goes against Bartolo Colon (8-9, 3.63).