FanPost

Let's Help Get Brian Jeroloman into a Game

I’m a sucker for feel-good sports movies.  And in that genre, they don’t come much better than Rudy.  So when I saw in a recent BBB game thread that Joey Kirby had shared the following comment from a thread on sportsnet.ca:

Whenever Jeroloman gets in, I expect the crowd to yell R-U-D-Y
by Steve 9:09 PM

I knew I had to try this little experiment.  It’s sort of an experiment on the power and influence of the internet, and specifically the BBB website on the Jays fan base (or at least those who attend the games in person).

Brian Jeroloman, who at best, will become a backup Catcher, has yet to appear in a game.  If he doesn’t appear in a game for the Jays, he won’t have a stat line at the end of the season.  There are 2 home games remaining vs. the LA Angels.  I’m sure he, the fans, and his teammates would all love to see him get into a game, and it would be even better if it was a home game.

Here’s where we come in, and here’s what I’m suggesting...  If he hasn’t come into the game by the 7th inning of Thursday’s game, the home crowd should start chanting “Brian, Brian, Brian” or “Jeroloman, Jeroloman, Jeroloman” until John Farrell puts him into the game.  Bottom line is that it would be fun, and I’m sure his teammates would really get a kick out of it.

Whether we can pull it off is another question.  But maybe if everyone who reads this idea, passes it along, the message will get out there and it could happen.  Either way, it doesn’t hurt to try, and like I said, at the very least, it’s an interesting experiment.