FanPost

The future of the Jays jersey

Unless you've been living under a rock (or you're a fan of a different team), you have probably heard the rumours regarding new Jays jerseys and logo for next season. The Score recently posted an image of what could be the Blue Jays logo for the 2012 season. It looks a bit like what the Jays used from 1977 to 1996, albeit more modern. I like it, even if it is probably fake. I wish the Blue Jays went back to the "vintage" logo and jerseys they originally used.

Bluejays2012_medium

via blogimages.thescore.com

What I don't like about the Blue Jays current jersey is that there is very little blue on them, despite them being called the Blue Jays. I've also heard rumours that they will be turning to red jerseys to honour Canada. I also think this is kind of stupid. If they want to use anything other than blue jerseys, I honestly think they should consider changing the name; maybe just "Jays."

What's your thoughts? Think they should stick with their current jerseys? Let me know in the comments section, or on Twitter @mitchell_jj.

And yes, I'm aware that BBB has already written about this, but I wanted to get my own opinion out there in the form of a fanpost.