FanPost

many agruments for signing Yu Darvish!!!

AA has come out and said that signing free agents isn't the way he wants to build his team.  Understandable.

He doesn't want to lose draft picks for signing these free agents.  He would rather trade assets he doesn't want to get players he wants.

Signing Yu darvish would give the following benefits:

1) high potential/semi proven starter, and our starting rotation is ranked approx. 24th in league.

2) he's only 25!!

3) you don't have to give up draft picks to get him.

4) he helps in short and long term

5) he brings a lot of japanese fans to the rogers centre/sportsnet tv=marketing dollars.

6) the blue jays have a lot of money to spend.  Once they pay restricted free agents, they will still only be at roughly 60 million payroll.

7) blocks the yankees from getting him, so the jays won't have to face him for the next 10 yrs possibly.

It will cost approx 70 million to get signing rights then another 50 million over 5 yrs to get him signed, but it's the right time and will give him a few yrs to tailor his game to the MLB before he is needed in playoff situations.

what do you think?