FanPost

Possible Starters to Target in the Offseason

From what I've seen around the site the majority of you believe we need to obtain a starter during the offseason. I thought it would be interesting to see which starting pitcher BBB thinks should be Toronto's number 1 priority.

Yu Darvish- A great pitcher who may be coming from Japan. There is a lot of concern over the cost to obtain signing rights in addition to his contract. He is only 25 and Toronto is viewed as one of the front-runners to sign him.

CJ Wilson- Pitched well the past 2 seasons, however before that he was a reliever so there is some concern there. One of the biggest pitching free agents out there this winter and may have a chance to ink a $100 million contract. Will be 31 in November.

Roy Oswalt- Its expected that Philadelphia will not exercise their portion of his mutual option in an attempt to re-sign him to a cheaper deal. He has been very consistent over the past decade, but dealt with back issues throughout the season. He is 34 and may command a deal around $12 million a year.

CC Sabathia- Don't really need to go into detail on this one seeing as we face him several times a year. He may opt out of his contract with New York in order to get a better deal. Signing him would take ridiculous amounts of money, but it would be a huge blow to the Yankees

What do you think? Is there another pitcher we should pursue? Post your thoughts.