Happy Birthday Jon Rauch

I hope Alphonso Marquez sent Jon a nice card. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Jon Rauch turns 33 today.

It hasn't been the best of seasons for Jon, he has a 4.85 ERA, has given up 11 home runs, not far off a team record for relievers. He's minus an appendix and is out now with torn cartilage in his right knee. He's had 11 saves and 5 blown saves.

He's sitting as a Type-B free agent. The Jays have an option on him at $3.75 million. I really can't see them picking up the option but, if offered arbitration, I really can't see him turning it down. I don't know how much value he would have on the open market, after the season he has had. But, if you are a believer in intimidation factors for relievers, he is easily the scariest looking reliever we have ever had. I'm sure Alphonzo Marquez agrees.

Happy birthday Jon, hope it is a good one.