FanPost

Is it ok to hope for a loss?

Currently, the Toronto Blue Jays sit in 16th place in the reverse standings list.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/reversestandings/

The "top" 15 teams in the reverse standings order have the 1st round pick protected for the 2012 entry draft - which is a definite factor in going after a type "A" Free Agent this off season.

13. CWS  79-82

14. Cincy 79-82

15. Wash 79-81

16. Tor 80-81

17. Cle 80-81

Jays are playing CWS - assuming the Sox win, that would tie those 2 teams, and a win by the Nationals tonight would put them a few percentage points ahead of the Jays (assuming a 161 game season for them).

I am not sure how a tie-break works for this scenario, but back to my Headline - Is it ok to hope for a loss tonight to give the Jays a real shot at a protected 15th overall pick along with the already protected 22nd overall pick for not signing Beede?

What are your thought on the matter?  Will this make AA more willing to go after a Type "A" FA (CJ, Prince, Pujos, etc).