FanPost

How much better is this offense than the one we had at opening day?

BOOOOOOOO season over. Time to start endlessly beating dead horse to deadly death.

The Jays' offense has gone through a LOT of changes from the start of the season. So how much better is it?

I'll only be covering the regulars, so no Molina or McCoy, etc.

Catcher

JP Arencibia to JP Arencibia

- No change, obviously. Solid hitter at C.

First Base

Adam Lind to Adam Lind/Edwin Encarnacion

- No change. Edwin will fill in every couples or so. Certainly a slight black hole.

Second Base

Aaron Hill to Kelly Johnson

- Huge upgrade offensively. Defense and base-running slightly worse. Overall, a significant upgrade, but Johnson may still leave in free agency.

Shortstop

Yunel Escobar to Yunel Escobar

- No change. Excellent bat at premium position to go along with great defense.

Third Base

Edwin Encarnacion/Jayson Nix to Brett Lawrie  (I know Nix wasn't the starting 3B on opening day, but he played a lot so I'm including him)

- Huge upgrade. The ghost of Jayson Nix continues to haunt me. Lawrie has been great in the short time he's played for the Jays.

Right Field

Jose Bautista to Jose Bautista

- It's really too bad he won't win the MVP. Huge season with the bat.

Centre Field

Rajai Davis to Colby Rasmus

- Huge upgrade in potential with the bat. Colby's best days have yet to come in my opinion.

Left Field

Travis Snider to Eric Thames

- One of my irks in the season. I think Thames will be a useful bat, but honestly I fear Snider's days in Toronto is coming to an end soon. I seriously hope not. Upgrade in power for sure, but Eric fails to get on base much and his defense is a major problem.

Designated Hitter

Juan Rivera to Edwin Encarnacion/Adam Lind

- Big upgrade, especially after Edwin's fantastic second half. I think he'll stick around next year, but won't be surprising if he was traded.

So overall, big upgrades at 4 positions and a respectable upgrade at LF. Anthopoulos continues to find ways to make this team better,