FanPost

A.L. & N.L. Division Series Picks

Who do you got in the Division Series match-ups?

My Picks

American League

Detroit Tigers over N.Y. Yankees (3-2)

This series comes down to pitching.  While Fister has no post season experience, he has been on fire lately and I believe that the Yankees will be unable to match Detroit's pitching.  It was in 2006 when Detroit neutralized a stacked Yankees lineup to knock off New York on their way to the World Series and i look (and hope) for a repeat of an early Yankee exit in 2011.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays over Texas Rangers (3-0)

Last year, Tampa Bay entered the series against Texas as the heavy favorite after winning the A.L. East and homefield advantage and were promptly destroyed by the Rangers.  This year, it is the Rangers that posses homefield advantage and the Rays who sneaked into the playoffs after game 162 having not held a playoff spot previously since mid May.  It would only make sense that this year, Tampa will be the one pounding the Rangers for the series sweep.

National League

Philadelphia Phillies over St. Louis Cardinals (3-1)

St. Louis is the hottest team in baseball, but Philadelphia has 4 SP who each could be the ace pitcher on most teams.  Carpenter will only be able to pitch 1 game for St. Louis and along with the best record in baseball, the Phillies come into the series with a winning streak and a hot lineup.

Milwaukee Brewers over Arizona Diamondbacks (3-1)

Braun - Fielder is probably best 1-2 lineup combo in baseball, even better then Detroit's Cabrera-Martinez.  I look to the Brewers