FanShot

Cooperstown confidential - Where are the All-black nine now?

"In assembling this lineup, Murtaugh did what no major league manager had done before or since: he penciled in the names of nine black players. Though few noticed at the time, that lineup represented a major milestone in the racial history of the game."