FanPost

BBB POSTING OLYMPICS: Joey's entry.

Well...the time has come for me to write up my BBB Posting Olympics entry, I'm gonna admit, I was waiting for either jabalong or craig to post one, because I didn't really get the general idea of what to do, I'm also gonna admit that I think me winning is a long shot, because Craig mentioning baseball movies, and who doesn't wanna talk about those? Anyways, here is my entry.

I think I am probably the youngest on this blog at 15 years of age, so I'll put it like this....BBBers...think back to what your dream play to make, like say you played 2nd base for example, and whenever the ball was being pitched, you always imagine yourself making that awesome play running up the middle, diving, and making the throw to first for the out, or maybe it was stealing home, the walk-off homerun, or even the Griffey Special....the clutch catch at the wall!

070621_griffey_file_2_medium

via media.katu.com

 I'll share with you the play that I always would love to make, and almost made this summer....after the jump, (haha see what I did there, how I lured you guys in with my story, and then cut you off just like they do in TV with commercials!)

But anyways, here is my story of my favourite play to make on the baseball field, I've always loved playing the outfield, I sort of served as a Mike McCoy type player this year on my team, in a sense because I could play multiple positions in a flash. But when asked at the start of the year where I wanted to play by my coach, I did not say pitcher, I never said 2nd base, I said Center field, even though Center field never makes to many plays in leagues at my age, due to players not having that great of power in my league, dispite this, I didn't care, I knew I'd get a chance to make a few plays, the better thing about is that to the fans, even a routine catch is a great play for a outfielder in my league, because balls hit to the outfield are harder to make a read on than groundballs by far.

But here we go....it was around the 4th or 5th inning (our games went 7 innings) in a game in Sarnia, Germain Park, diamond 5, 2 out. We were ahead by a couple of runs, a few of my close friends were on the field that day, my catcher was my closest friend in the entire world, and the player on first base for the other team was a friend I had been playing with in baseball for a couple of years. So our catcher calls the pitch, (we had our 3rd best pitcher on the team on the mound, in my opinion) our pitcher sets and slingshots the ball from across his body in a side-arm sort of style, the pitch is a meatball, straight down the middle, the batter crushes it to right-center field, I made a quick read and started running, I had no play to catch this ball, it was all on my right fielder, I trip up after a few steps, but regain control of my body, the ball is getting closer and closer, our right fielder cuts in-front of me, he slides, I assume he catches the ball, until I see the ball trickle of his leg and onto the grass a little to the left and in front of me, so all the runners from the other team are hustling around the bases, my buddy from the other team is halfway in between 2nd and 3rd, I pick up the ball and assume my friend on the other team would be greedy and try to stretch his run from first to home, so I throw a one hopper to the plate, where my catcher picks it perfectly, blocks the plate, the runner slides and is OUT! I hustle in and my catcher and I are laughing in awe as we just made a terrific play, it was a little different from the flyball, tagup and gun the ball to the plate that I wanted to happen, but that was good enough for me...

I know this was kinda crappy but whatever. So tell me BBB, what your dream play you have/haven't made in your baseball career? Notify me if I some stuff doesn't make sense, sometimes when I'm writing I just forget the roads I'm gonna write and then stuff just sounds stupid.

Here are some of my latest photoshoppings, if they change your decision to rec or not..I'll never know?
6138428870_1663464c6b_medium

via farm7.static.flickr.com

6125345692_0e33107859_medium

via farm7.static.flickr.com