Dunedin Jays Win Game One of FSL Playoffs

Daytona 3 Dunedin 4

Dunedin won game 1 of their 3 game playoff series with the Daytona Cubs.

Casey Lawrence started and went 5.2, allowing 8 hits and a walk ,but just 1 run with 3 strikeouts. Vince Bongiovanni pitched 1.1 scoreless with 3 k. Frank Gailey gave up 1 unearned run, off 2 hits and 2 k. Aaron Loup pitched a scoreless 9th to get the win.

Down 2-0 in the 5th Brad McElroy hit a solo home run. In the 7th Ryan Goins hit our second solo homer to tie the game. Daytona went up by a run in the top of the 8th because of a Kevin Ahrens error.

In the bottom of the inning Brad Glenn drove in A.J. Jimenez to tie the game again.

In the bottom of the 9th Justin Jackson doubled to lead off the inning. Ryan Goins reached on a bunt single. An intentional walk to McElroy loaded the bases. But two force outs at the plate and a fly out sent them into extra innings.

In the 10th Brian Van Kirk doubled and went to third on a bunt single. Another intentional walk loaded the bases again and Justin Jackson hit into a force out at the plate but the Daytona catcher threw wild to first, trying to get the double play and the winning run scored.

Brad McElroy went 1 for 4 with a homer and a walk. AJ Jimenez 3 for 5 with a double. Brian Van Kirk 2 for 5, double. Ryan Goins 2 for 3, home run.

Game two is tomorrow night.