Vancouver Canadians Win Game 2 of Their Northwest League Playoffs

Vancouver Canadians 10 Eugene Emeralds 3

Vancouver tied their best of three series at 1. Tomorrow night Aaron Sanchez starts the deciding game for them. The winner will play the Tri-Cities Dust Devils (no I didn't make that name up) for the league title.

It was a close game, with Vancouver up 2 -1, until the 6th inning when the Canadians scored 8 runs. The inning went groundout, single, walk, walk, strikeout. Then, with 2 outs, Matt Newman singled home 2. Balbino Fuenmayor doubled home 2 more. Walk, single loaded the bases again. Jonathon Berti hit a 2 run single and Kevin Pillar a 2 run double.By then the game was effectively over.

Jesse Hernandez started, 4.0, 4 hits, 2 walks, 1 earned. Tyler Ybarra went 3.0, 2 hits, 1 earned, 3 walks, 3 strikeouts to get the win. Aleson Escalante and Bryan Longpre pitched an inning each to finish the game.

On offense:

Berti: 3 for 5, HR, 3 RBI.

Pillar: 2 for 5, double, 2 RBI.

Fuenmayor: 2 for 5, double, HR, 3 RBI.