Make Your Predictions: Yunel Escobar

Yunel Escobar is high up on the list of guys I like to watch play the game. He had a really nice 2011 season, with a large slump through August.

We took a close look at his 2011 season here. His numbers with the Jays:

Year Age Tm G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS
2010 27 TOR 60 266 236 32 65 7 0 4 16 1 1 19 26 .275 .340 .356 .696
2011 28 TOR 133 590 513 77 149 24 3 11 48 3 3 61 70 .290 .369 .413 .782
TOR (2 yrs) 193 856 749 109 214 31 3 15 64 4 4 80 96 .286 .360 .395 .755
Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 1/12/2012.

Bill James figures him to play 146 games, hit 10 homers, 80 runs, 58 RBI with a .284/.364/.396. That doesn't sound bad to me.

I'm going to guess 145 games, 17 home runs, 60 RBI (it is batting order dependent and all), .295/.375/.445. I'm hoping he doesn't take a pitch off his elbow or head this year as well.