Wednesday Bantering: Happy Birthday Brett Lawrie

Happy Birthday, Brett. Wishing you a year of no baseballs connecting with unprotected hands. (Photo by Greg Fiume/Getty Images)

It's everybody's favorite Canadian, third baseman's birthday. No not Mark Teahen. Brett Lawrie turns 22 today! Happy Birthday Brett.

22 and getting ready to go to spring training, with a spot on a major league roster. Life must be good.

If you are wondering about SOPA and SB Nation, here is the 'official position'. No we aren't shutting down for a day or anything like that. I'll admit, I'm just a dumb blogger and don't understand it all, but it seems like a mess to me. It isn't clear what will happen if it passes. I understand the point of it,and you would be surprised at how many times articles have been straight copied from our site and put on another site, with the only change being the 'author's name', but this seems to be over reaching.

The Rangers and Yu Darvish contract talks are going right up to the deadline. I think they'll get it done but, if not, I think the Rangers will sign Prince Fielder within a week or so, to make up for it. If I was them, I'd rather have Prince.

I listened to Mike Wilner on talking to Jeff Blair on the radio this morning, Blair is still on the 'Jays need a veteran starter kick. What I really don't get is why he is fixating on Javy Vazquez? Do we really want to give starts to someone that won't be around in the future? I'd much rather see what Dustin McGowan can do than to see if Vazquez can go for another year. We are out of options on McGowan, so we really ought to use him.

Is there a veteran starter, available, that you would like to see Alex pick up? Or are you happy going into the season with the starters we have?

The Southpaw brings up a favorite Jay prospect from the past, Scott Campbell. It makes me wonder where Scott will be playing this year. Will he still be somewhere in the Jays organization? He was so close to the majors a couple of years ago and now it doesn't seem like there is a chance that he'll make it, after missing two years with a hip injury.