FanShot

I always thought the Blue Jay was an oddly weak choice of an animal for a team mascot - versus the...

22
Slings_and_arrows

I always thought the Blue Jay was an oddly weak choice of an animal for a team mascot - versus the more typically powerful animals like bears, large cats or even eagles. Mind you I always had benignly good feelings towards blue jays, who were colourful and welcome birds in our garden growing up in Ottawa. So I was interested in reading the article below to find out that blue jays are more aggressive and wilier animals than I'd realized, and also ones that have been surprisingly maligned. After 25 years as a Jays fan, this gives me much more respect for their choice as the team mascot. http://www.audubonmagazine.org/articles/birds/slings-and-arrows-why-birders-love-hate-blue-jays