FanPost

Blue Jays and Advertising

It's time to stray from the constant rumours being spread over the last few months and talk about something different. One thing that has always interested me is advertising, and its effects on the consumer. The difference between an effective ad campaign and an ineffective one could mean the world to a large-market team like the Blue Jays. I think that despite the attendance numbers over the last few years, the Jays marketing team has done an exceptional job advertising the Jays as "Canada's Team". But there is always room for improvement. This brings us to our question.

If you were the head of the Jays' advertising department, what would you change about how Canada's Team is being advertised? Would you stick with the current campaign and make some minor changes, or completely revamp the way people think of the Jays? Who is your target market and why? How do you attract fans to a team that isn't winning?

Oh, and a poll: