FanPost

Mainstream Media Changing?

I was listening to the Fan590 on the way to work yesterday, and Jeff Blair was interviewing Shi Davidi about the signing of Cordero. He started listing stats like K%, walk rate, and others. Then he dropped a bombshell, "Yeah, I checked FanGraphs". That is honestly the first time I've heard a MSM personality - rather than an insider or special analyst that works on one sport - quote advanced stats and cite resources like FanGraphs.

So I'm curious what you guys think, if you've noticed other MSM people starting to use advanced stats and resources and if you think they're starting to move away from more traditional stats and mindsets?