Playoff Open Thread for October 10

Frank Victores-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

We have a whole mess of baseball today. 4 games:

  • 1:00 Eastern Cardinals at Nationals. Chris Carpenter (0-2, 3.71) vs. Edwin Jackson.(10-11, 4.03). The Series is tied at a game each.
  • 4:00 Eastern Giants at Reds. Barry Zito (15-8, 4.15) vs. Mike Leake (8-9, 4.58). The Reds put Leake on their roster in place of Johnny Cueto. If the Reds get to the next round, Cueto can't be put back on the roster. Reds are up 2-1. I'm feeling sorry for Scott Rolen, he's having a tough series and apparently he's going to sit today.
  • 7:30 Eastern Orioles at Yankees. Miguel Gonzalez (9-4, 3.25) vs. Hiroki Kuroda (16-11, 3.32). Yankees are up 2- Series is 1-1.
  • 9:00 Eastern Tigers at A's. Max Scherzer (16-7) vs. A.J. Griffin (7-1, 3.06). Tigers are up 2-1.