Edwin Encarnacion Nominated Hank Aaron Award

Brad White - Getty Images

In what will come as a surprise to no one, Edwin Encarnacion is the Blue Jay nominee for the Hank Aaron Award. Other AL nominees are:

Billy Butler of the Royals, Miguel Cabrera of the Tigers, Shin-Soo Choo of the Indians,Josh Hamilton of the Rangers, Derek Jeter of the Yankees, Adam Jones of the Orioles, Joe Mauer of the Twins, Dustin Pedroia of the Red Sox, Josh Reddick of the A's, Alex Rios of the White Sox, Kyle Seager of the Mariners, Mike Trout of the Angels and B.J. Upton of the Rays.

To vote for Edwin (or someone else if you must) go here, not that the fan vote counts for much. MLB says:

Your vote will be counted alongside those of a special panel of Hall of Famers -- personally selected by Aaron himself. Tony Gwynn, Paul Molitor, Joe Morgan and Robin Yount combined for 12,119 hits, 888 homers and 4,984 RBIs, and they all agreed to lend their expertise.

It is sort of like how the fan vote is considered (and then quickly forgotten) when they decide not to give Tom Cheek the Ford c. Frick Award.