Jesse Litsch To Be Free Agent

Otto Greule Jr - Getty Images

The Blue Jays reinstated Jesse Litsch from the 60-day DL, but Jesse has decided to become a free agent instead of accepting an outright assignment to the minors.

Jesse is 27 and has a 27-27 record with a 4.16 ERA in 88 games over 5 seasons with the Jays. You all know the story this year, he was given an injection, into a sore shoulder, back in spring training, and developed an infection that kept him on the DL all season. You have to feel bad for the guy.

Jesse is a favorite of mine since seeing him play with kids when the team came to Calgary with the cross country tour they did in 2011. I can only wish him the best.