Open Thread for Playoff Games of October 11

Kelley L Cox-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

Another day, another 4 playoff games.

Yesterday, the two early games were boring blowouts. Cardinals beat the Nationals 8-0 and the Giants beat the Red 8-3. The night games were great baseball. I hate the Yankees, but Joe Girardi deserves a lot of credit for pinch-hitting for the richest player in baseball. It seems funny that Girardi thought that he couldn't move ARod down in the batting order but then he could pinch-hit for him. Hard to believe that Raul Ibanez could hit the game tying and then, 3 innings later, hit the game winning home run.

And then the A's score 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th, against Jose Valerde, to win the game. I thought they blew their chance when Stephen Drew got thrown out trying to stretch a double into a triple in the 6th. Stupid base running, but the third base coach did wave him around, I can't see why. He was out by a mile, and there is no reason to be trying for third with 2 outs. Just bad baseball.

Today's games:

  • 1:00 Eastern Giants at Reds. Series is tied at 2, so winner takes it. Matt Cain (16-5, 2.79) vs. Mat Latos (14-4, 3.48). Scott Rolen is back in the lineup.
  • 4:00 Eastern Cardinals at Nationals. Cards are up 2-1. Kyle Lohse (16-3, 2.86) vs. Ross Detwiler (10-8, 3.40).
  • 7:30 Eastern Orioles at Yankees. Yankees are up 2-1. Joe Saunders (9-13, 4.07) vs. Phil Hughes (16-13, 4.23)
  • 9:30 Eastern Tigers at A's. Series tied at 2. Jason Verlander (17-8, 2.64) vs. Jarrod Parker (13-8, 3.47).

If you are watching join us in the thread.