FanPost

Arizona Fall League Watch - Oct. 8-11, 2012

Arizona Fall League Watch

Surprise 12 - Salt River 2 - Oct 13, 2012

This was not a great game for Toronto Blue Jays prospect pornographers. Ryan Tepera, eligible for the Rule 5 draft this year and seemingly a candidate for the 40-man roster, got the start and was not very sharp. He gave up 2 doubles, a home run, and four runs in an inning and a third.

John Stilson's replacement on the AFL roster, Ian Kadish, gave up a run on 2 hits and a walk. He allowed a Surprise to steal second with fellow Toronto product Sean Ochinko behind the plate and a double. Sam Dyson did much better in his second outing allowing one hit in his inning of work. He had one strikeout and no walks and got two outs on the ground.

On offense, Kevin Pillar hit leadoff and played RF going 0 for 4 with a K. Ryan Goins went 0 for 3 with a sac fly and Sean Ochinko was 0 for 3.

Salt River 6 - Scottsdale 5
- Oct. 11, 2012

Jake Marisnick continued his struggles at the plate going hitless again with 1 strikeout but collected a walk and a run scored. Sean Ochinko was 1 for 4 with a strikeout.

Salt River 11 - Mesa 3 - Oct. 10, 2012

Ryan Goins played shortstop and went 0 for 5 with a walk and a run scored while Kevin Pillar went 2 for 4 with a walk and a home run. He played left field. Owner of best stuff in the system, Sam Dyson, pitched 2 innings and was torched for two runs yielding a HR and collecting 2 Ks.

Mesa 5 – Salt River 6 - Oct. 9, 2012

Jake Marisnick played centerfield and was 0 for 4 in his Arizona Fall League debut striking out twice swinging, grounding out once, lining out to the pitcher and getting hit by a pitch. Deck McGuire also got in the game and gave up just one walk in 1 1/3 innings to Matt Sczur. He erased him with a groundout to end the 6th and returned to face top prospects NIck Castellanos, Jonathan Singleton, and Jonathan Schoop. He struck out Castellanos looking and Singleton swinging before Schoop lined out sharply to Marisnick in CF to end the 7th. McGuire had a poor 2012 in New Hampshire and was passed over by the Blue Jays in the depths of its injury woes. His trip to the AFL to face some of the best prospects in baseball will turn him around hopefully and this first appearance has him on the right track.

John Stilson Removed from AFL Roster:

In other news, John Stilson has been removed from the AFL roster per Keith Law:

There was no immediate word about Stilson's removal from the AFL roster. Perhaps his injury troubles from the regular season have flared up. He is one of the next generation of starting pitchers that should make the Majors in the next year or so ahead of the higher-ceilinged arms in the low minors. Apart from Deck McGuire and Chad Jenkins, he may be at the top of the list of pitching prospects on the organizational depth chart. If he is seriously hurt, then it is bad news indeed. His shoulder has been a concern in the past when Stilson declined to have surgery in favour of rehab.