Shi Looks at The Price of Pitching and Playoffs

John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

According to Shi, the Jays looking at off season plans.

From Sportsnet.ca

The interesting bit of news from the article. The A's were asking for the moon for Gio.

They (Jays) were in on both the talks for Bailey (for a package likely to have centred around Travis Snider and a top pitching prospect) and Gonzalez (likely built around Henderson Alvarez, Kyle Drabek and Drew Hutchison, plus catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud and one of the Lansing Big Three, Aaron Sanchez, Noah Syndergaard and Justin Nicolino).

Very interesting and very costly.