Open Thread For Tigers/Yankees Playoff Game One

Thearon W. Henderson - Getty Images

I guess I'm cheering for the Tigers, not that I can get up any enthusiasm about it. Cheering for the Tigers, with their $132,300,000 payroll, to beat the Yankees with their $197,962,289 salary doesn't excite me much, but then, if aliens come down from space and play the Yankees with the future of the planet at stake, I'd likely still cheer for the aliens.

Anyway, today's lineups:

Lineup

NEW YORK YANKEES DETROIT TIGERS
Derek Jeter, SS Austin Jackson, CF
Ichiro Suzuki, LF Omar Infante, 2B
Robinson Cano, 2B Miguel Cabrera, 3B
Mark Teixeira, 1B Cecil Fielder, 1B
Raul Ibanez, DH Delmon Young, DH
Alex Rodriguez, 3B Jhonny Peralta, SS
Nick Swisher, RF Andy Dirks, LF
Curtis Granderson, CF Avisail Garcia, RF
Russell Martin, C Gerald Laird, C

Andy Pettitte gets the start for the Yankees. Doug Fister for the Tigers.