Open Thread for Playoff Games of October 14

The Star-Ledger-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

That was yet another great playoff game yesterday, glad to see the Tigers win. Too bad about Derek Jeter. I don't like the Yankees or Jeter but I don't want to see guys get hurt. The fun part is we get to see Jayson Nix at shortstop today.

Two games today:

  • 4:00 Eastern Tigers vs. Yankees. The Yankees' problem is there aren't enough spots at the back of the lineup to put everyone who isn't hitting. Their lineup is Ichiro LF, Cano 2B, Teixeira 1B, Ibanez DH, Martin C, Rodriguez 3B, Granderson CF, Swisher RF, Nix SS and Kuroda P. Tigers go with Jackson CF, Berry LF, Cabrera 3B, Fielder 1B, Young DH, Dirks RF, Peralta SS, Avila C, Infante 2B and Sanchez P.
  • 8:00 Eastern Cardinals vs. Giants. I guess I'm cheering for the Giants, because I like Scutaro. I wouldn't be against us picking him up to play second next year. Can get your veteran leadership, plus a guy that knows how to get on base. Starting pitchers are Lance Lynn, making his first start of the playoffs. He pitched 3.1 inning of relief in the Divisional Series and gave up 3 home runs. And Madison Bumgarner, who took a loss in his one game in the series against the Reds, allowing 4 runs in 4.1 innings.

If you are watching, join us in the thread.