Blue Jays Claim Scott Cousins and Cory Wade Off Waivers

Jesse Johnson-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

Who says the Jays aren't going to make big roster moves this off-season? They've already started.

The Jays claimed outfielder Scott Cousins from the Miami Marlins and Cory Wade from the New York Yankees.

Cousins is 27 and has played with the Marlins for parts of the last 3 seasons. He has a MLB batting averae of .183 with 2 home runs and 9 RBI in 175 at bats. He hit .296 in New Orleans of the PCL with 14 stolen bases.

Wade, a right-handed pitcher, had a 6.46 ERA in 39 games out of the Yankee bullpen this year. He has a 3.65 ERA and a 11-6 record in 4 seasons in the majors.

I doubt we'll see either of them in Toronto. They both would be bodies to fill out our Triple-A roster but I wouldn't be surprised if they both are gone before spring training.

We now have 39 players on the 40-man roster.