FanPost

Armchair GM ninja

Just wanna throw this out there, cuz' one of my favorite things to do is armchair GM.

So the Blue Jays trade JF to the 'sawx' for IF Mike Aviles, natural thought process would be: UIF? WTH!? thats one of the easiest parts of your roster to fill, and are about a dime a dozen. hmmmm.... maybe there is some upside here?

Ok lets check up his career numbers.........hmmmm interesting 2008 OPS - .830, 2009 OPS -.430 puuuuuuuke!.. oh! looks like he was injured - only 120 AB's. alright 2010 OPS -.750 not bad, 2011 OPS with KC - .650 with BOS - .775, hmmmm..... ballpark affect? 2012 OPS - .660, OK, not so great. OK maaybe some upside, so maybe its not so bad a deal - backup 2B option.........ok lets say we save we save money on upside 2B, so who plays LF? hmmmm /dreaming.. maybe Justin Upton.........-

BOOOM!!......./brainstorm Dbacks want a SS and 3B in return.......Aviles has played plenty 3B! so Aviles + Escobar/Hech + Gose/Rasmus + one of Lansing three for Uptin? sounds cool!....... SHOOOT! 2 days to late!... they just traded for Penington from the A's. hmmmm is he any good? /checks his stats...........puuuuuuke! (come back to computer after cleaning myself up) oh! DBacks just traded away a OF as well...... alright done deal! AA your a genius!! ............. BEEP BEEP BEEP /rubs eyes looks at clock - 7AM, oh well, time for the real world.........

Just havin' fun, don't think it will happen for real.

P.S. Sorry for any spelling and grammatical mistakes, this was done in a hurry, and by no means am i a pro writer.