Jon Heyman: Jays Will Look To Trade Yunel Escobar

Derick E. Hingle-US PRESSWIRE

Jon Heyman thinks the Jays are trying to trade Yunel Escobar. Seems like the worst moment to try to trade him to me.

I don't know, it seems like the dumbest time possible to trade the guy, coming off a poor year with the bat and the stupidity of the eyeblack stuff. If you wanted to get as little for him as you possibly could, now is the time.

I guess, maybe if the team has decided that Adeiny Hechavarria's time has come, I'm sure it has with the glove, far less sure about the bat. If they have decided Adeiny is the shortstop for next year, they could still use Yunel at second base, but maybe they think that he couldn't handle the pivot for the double play with guys sliding into him from behind. I'm not sure he could either. He doesn't seem to like guys sliding into him, not that I'd enjoy it either.

I can't see it myself but maybe Heyman has heard something. Let's have a poll.