The Good Moments of the Blue Jays 2012 Season: Walk-Off Wins

John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

There were some good moments in 2012. Here is a look at our walk-off wins.

After a crappy season it is tough to remember there was some good moments, I thought we could take a look at some of those moments. Let's start with our walk-off wins.

We had 4 walk-off wins this year:

May 1

Brett Lawrie hit a home run in the bottom of the 9th against the Rangers. The boxscore is here and our recap is here.

Drew Hutchison didn't have a good start, giving up 6 runs in 6 innings, but Carlos Villanueva and Darren Oliver kept the Rangers off the board for a couple of inning. We got 4 runs in the 3rd from back-to-back home runs from Kelly Johnson (3 run) and Jose Bautista. Then we got 3 more runs in the 7, loading the bases on an error, single and another error on a sac bunt attempt. Two ground outs and a single scored the runs gave us a 1 run lead.

Then Francisco Cordero came in to blow the save in the 9th, which set up this:

The best thing Cordero did for us all year.

June 16:

Rajai Davis with the walk-off single in the 10th against the Phillies. The boxscore is here and our recap is here.

Ricky Romero had another in his series of bad starts, giving up 4 runs in 6 innings and Robert Coello gave up another in his 2 innings of work, but we got 3 runs in the 8th to tie the game Casey Janssen and Francisco Codero held it for this:

August 13

David Cooper walk-off single against the White Sox. The boxscore is here and our recap here.

This one was a pitchers duel. Jake Peavey went 8 inning giving up just 2 runs, one a Moises Sierra home run. Carlos Villanueva allowed just 1 run in 7 innings, but Casey Janssen had just his 2nd blown save of the season, setting up Cooper's heroics, giving Steve Delabar the win.

October 1

Anthony Gose hit a walk-off single against the Twins in the 10th. The boxscore is here and our recap here.

Another game where the starters weren't good, Aaron Laffey allowed 4 runs in 5 innings. Esmerling Vasquez gave up 3 in 5.2 innings. Fortunately our bullpen went 5 innings giving up just 1 run, while the Twins bullpen gave up 3 runs in 4 innings.