Quick Links for Friday Oct 5, 2012

Tom Szczerbowski - Getty Images

Just some quick links including previews of today's wildcard games.

Concession Speech: 2012 Toronto Blue Jays | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
A little late, but here is Drew Fairservice's concession speech when the Jays were eliminated over 2 weeks ago.

Carlos Corporán’s face-plant slide signals end of worst Astros season ever (Video) | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports
From the blog Big League Stew: Kids today just don't understand, but the Houston Astros used to be a sound franchise. They used to have great players. They used to win games. They even went to the World Series once.

AL Wild-Card Preview: the Baltimore Orioles and Texas Rangers - Grantland
After a season that made very little sense, we predict the Baltimore Orioles will continue to defy reason and beat the Texas Rangers.

NL Wild-Card Preview: the Atlanta Braves and St. Louis Cardinals - Grantland
It's the MLB postseason. It's the new fifth-team format. It's win or go home for the Cardinals and Braves.

Baseball History October 5th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1977 Glenn Burke greets Dusty Baker on the dugout steps to congratulate his Dodger teammate for hitting a grand slam against the Phillies in Game 2 of the 1977 NLCS. The greeting, which consists of the two players extending their right arms above their heads and slapping their hands to make a resounding clap, is considered to be the first 'high five' in baseball history. Happy 35th birthday to the high 5.