Wild Wild Card Ends Chance of Cowboys And Indians Metaphor Saturday Oct 6, 2012 Links

Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire

The NL wild card game was insane. Torontonian Favorite Larry Jones threw open the door for the Cards and the umps blew a call in the outfield deep deep infield to seal the Braves fate. Meanwhile, the O's used their pixie dust to put the Rangers to sleep till next year as Josh Hamilton ended (probably) his Ranger tenure on a very sour note by striking out on 3 pitches twice, grounding out on 1 pitch and hitting into a double play.

Fun with graphics News, Video and Gossip - Deadspin
TBS Would Like To Introduce You To "Carl" Ripken, Jr (the apparent owner of Carl's Jr.)

Following up on The Man in White | Drunk Jays Fans | Blogs | theScore.com
Amy K Nelson interview. I can see why the Meanest of the Mean was quite taken with her.

Postseason outlook, American League
Four Three flawed teams target the Yankees.

Postseason outlook, National League
With no 2011 division champs back, how do these five four survivors look?

The Blue Jay Hunter: Reflecting on the 2012 Blue Jays Season
While the pain is still fresh and scars soft, Ian looks at the Jays season.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Flashback Friday: The Blue Jays Thriller Video
Forget Filipino Prisoners. Ian digs deep into the haunted bowels of the internet to find an oddity. The Cliff Gif is linked as well.

Cliff.gif (GIF Image, 500 × 282 pixels)
Hahaha

Baseball History October 6th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1985 On the last day of the season, Yankee knuckleballer Phil Niekro becomes the 18th and oldest player in major league history to win his 300th victory when he blanks the Blue Jays, 8-0. The forty-six year and 188 days old, who will win 318 games, also surpasses Satchel Paige (46 yrs, 75 days) to become the oldest pitcher to throw a shutout in the big leagues. Notes, 1) Niekro only threw knucklers in the 9th inning and 2) no Jays fan cared as they were too hungover from celebrating the Jays first AL East Pennant which is odd because it should have showed up yesterday... damn American "bias."