Thanksgiving Thread: What About This Past Season Are You Thankful For?

Tom Szczerbowski - Getty Images

Plenty of things have gone wrong for the Blue Jays this past season, but the club had some good things going for it.

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, a holiday where we eat a lot of food, drink a lot of beer, watch a lot of playoff baseball (and some Canadian football), and think about what we are thankful for in life. I'm sure many of us are guilty of focusing too much on the negatives and the things that have gone wrong, and boy has there been a lot of that for the Blue Jays this year.

But today, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'd like to think about what I am thankful about this past baseball season:

  • Being able to go down to spring training with TonyFernandezSavedMyLife and cheering on the Grapefruit League champion Toronto Blue Jays!
  • There is a Major League Baseball team that plays 81 games every year an hour from my house
  • Edwin Encarnacion's home run trot
  • Casey Janssen's breakout season
  • The great online community of Jays fans here and at our fellow blogs, and meeting other Blue Jays fans at the Bluebird Banter meetups, Rogers Centre, and at Blogs with Balls 5

So, what about this past season are you thankful for?