FanPost

Seasons That Are Dark and Full of Terrors

A few months ago, I asked you all what Blue Jays season was your favourite. Now, let us all stare into the abyss and discuss the worst Blue Jays seasons we can remember and which was our least favourite (disclaimer: I take no responsibility if the abyss stares back into you). I'm talking the punch in the gut seasons, the ones that make you wonder why you even watch baseball in the first place and make you think that following cricket might not be so bad.

For me, 1997 was the worst, because it was the end of an era. There was no more pretending that the Jays might still get back into the playoffs. Four-fifths of WAMCO was gone and the few remaining WS guys left were the rotting corpses of Joe Carter and Ed Sprague. Cito Gaston was fired. The roster was littered with non-entities like Carlos Garcia, Robert Person, and Charlie O'Brien. And the cherry on top of the crap sundae was that the Jays best player was noted enemy of the blog, Roger Clemens.

For the rest of you, your mileage might vary. I feel for the fans from the very beginning that endured the first few years. For newer fans, this season quickly degenerated into a season from hell. 2004 wasn't great either. So I ask you BBBers, what is your least favourite season?