Who Would You Offer The Angels For Dan Haren?

Jim Cowsert-US PRESSWIRE

The Dan Haren trade watch is on full blast ever since the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim traded Ervin Santana to the Kansas City Royals Wednesday night.

Tradewatch_medium

It has long been rumoured that the Angels had little interest in exercising the options of Ervin Santana and Dan Haren. Santana has a $13 million club option for 2013 with a $1 million buyout. Instead of simply buying out his contract, the Angels decided to send the pitcher plus $1 million to the Royals for 27-year old minor league lefty reliever Brandon Sisk.

While the Angels were happy to take a warm body for Santana (Sisk wasn't even on the Royals' 40-man roster), they are likely looking for more than that for Haren. Dan Haren has a $15.5 million club option next season with a $3.5 million buyout. There is likely going to be a bit of a bidding war for the rights to Haren, which would raise the cost of the former All-Star somewhat. And to throw an extra bit of complication into things, he has a list of 8-12 teams to whom he can reject trades.

The Angels must decide on Harens' option by 9 pm this Friday.

So, Bluebird Banterers, if you were the Blue Jays' general manager, who would you offer to the Angels for one year of Dan Haren? Do you think Toronto is on his no-trade list? Where do you think he will ultimately land?